Equality & Diversity Mission & Values
- Putting learners first by delivering excellent and accessible high-quality provision, focusing always on the raising of standards.
- Meeting learners' need and ensuring their success by being inspiring, create and innovative in everything we do.
- Engaging in effective and productive partnerships to maximise the benefits of learners and our local communities.
- Supporting and valuing colleagues in a culture of respect and teamwork.
At the Grimsby Institute we recognise the potential for education to transform people's lives and we welcome a diverse range of students and staff to the institute community.
We embrace the challenge of making a positive difference to the culture of the Grimsby Institute Group and the wider community, where opportunities to excel are available. Grimsby Institute Group will therefore continue to create a community that is inclusive at all levels and in all the systems and processes it adopts.
Our vision for Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Human Rights remains clear and consistent:
"To become a motivated and diverse community, where staff and students demand the highest standards from each other and work together to maximise the benefits of differences we all possess."
Our Equality & Diversity Strategy enables us to continue to take a long-term strategic approach to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Human Rights, whilst retaining the ability to deliver focused actions to improve the experience and perceptions of specific diverse groups.
The Grimsby Institute Group is committed to actively promoting:
- Celebrating Diversity
- Working towards eliminating any form of discrimination.
We will work with our strategic partners and key stakeholders within the framework of this Equality Statement to achieve the above aims.
Our Mission and Vision Statement clearly expresses a commitment to learners from all backgrounds and to creating accessible, relevant training and education routes for all applicants within the constraints of our funding.
Our commitment to equality will inform all areas of our work and we will continue to:
- Comply with the law in promoting equality and go beyond the expectations of what the law expects of us in the elimination of discrimination.
- Reach out to potential learners not currently involved in education or training to increase their life chances and opportunities.
- Ensure that learners succeed and can progress appropriately.
- Develop a no tolerance approach to discrimination, harassment or victimisation.
- Take a positive approach to equality and diversity with our staff team, learners and stakeholders.
- Work with all our partners in achieving our aims.
This Equality Statement describes how the Grimsby Institute Group will fulfil its statutory duties to promote equality of opportunity and avoid discrimination with regards to its responsibilities as an employer and as a provider of education and training.
The Equality Statement is not produced in isolation but is supported by a range of policies, procedures and guidelines and will also play its part in being a key contributor in the Group's Strategic Plan.
To contact our Equality and Diversity Coordinator please call 0800 315 002 or email email@example.com