The Grimsby Institute Group is a forward thinking organisation that prides itself for putting its people, both staff and students at the heart of everything we do.
All of our activities in relation to teaching, safeguarding, training, recruitment, retention and progression are core business areas where we must be mindful of the diverse needs of those we work with. Although the law no longer requires public sector organisations to produce equality schemes, the Grimsby Institute Group has produced an Equality Statement, which is more than mere words, but a statement of our intent.
This statement underpinned by declarations from the leaders of the Grimsby Institute Group include many actions we believe will proactively eliminate all forms of discrimination where they exist and prevent them from occurring in the first instance.
Equality Intent turning into equality action is the future ethos and philosophy of the Grimsby Institute Group and as the principal lead for Equality, Diversity Inclusion & Human Rights the Grimsby Institute Group will demonstrate this commitment in all that they do.
Gender Pay Reports
Trade Union Hours
The Grimsby Institute Group's key objectives highlight the commitment to
- Implementing necessary actions and training to ensure that equality is advanced and embedded for all in line with a broad spectrum of corporate and curriculum policies, which guide the delivery of the whole curriculum and wider corporate business.
- Engaging and communicating, both internally and externally, with learners, staff, visitors and the wider community where appropriate, in relation to the above.
- Ensuring an organisational wide commitment to advancing and embedding EDI and that it is understood by all.
- Ensuring that the GIG EDI Policy and Strategy is linked to GIG’s mission statement and strategic objectives.
- The principle of equal opportunities is embedded in service delivery and that gender equality is promoted.
- All activities are fully accessible to disabled people in line with our public duty under the 2010 Equality Act.
- Monitoring impact of equal opportunities policies across the provision are in line with the wider ESF programme targets detailed in the Operational Programme.
- Ensuring that the policy is informed by current legislation, the current Ofsted Framework for Inspection, as well as Ofsted’s Eight Strategic Themes for the Inspection of EDI and is supplemented by the following GIG policy documents:
- Harassment Policy and Procedure
- Grievance Policy and Procedure
- Marketing Policy
- Learner Assessment and Appeals Procedures
- AFAN Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
To contact our Quality Team regarding equality and diversity please call 0800 315 002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org